Austin Zoo & Animal Sanctuary welcomes individuals who are interested in joining our volunteer program.
What are the pre-requisites needed to apply to volunteer?
- 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or current work visa, student visa or green card
- Current driver’s license or valid identification card
- Ability to volunteer at least 8 hours per month
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to our policies, procedures, grooming and Guest Relations Guidelines
- Complete an online application
- Successfully complete an interview
Also, please note that our volunteer opportunities are primarily long-term. We invest a great deal of resources into our volunteer program and do not offer one-time/short-term community service projects. Thank you!
What is the process to volunteer?
Click here to download the application, complete the application and return it to us in one of the following ways:
- Email it to: email@example.com
- Mail it to: Austin Zoo & Animal Sanctuary
- Drop your application off at our Gift Shop during regular business hours, 9:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Sunday.
Attn: Volunteer Program
PO Box 91808
Austin, TX 78709
You will receive a confirmation email that we received it.
We have three shifts available, seven days a week.
- 9:00am – 1:00pm
- 11:00am – 3:00pm
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm
Volunteer duties include the following:
- Kitchen duties
- Food prep for animals
- Habitat maintenance
- Occasional grounds keeping projects
- Assisting in our Gift Shop
Working directly with an animal is rare.
Group Volunteer Days
We welcome corporate, civic, collegiate and cultural groups to Austin Zoo to enjoy a volunteer opportunity. We prefer to work with 10-15 individuals in a group setting, larger groups will be considered by special arrangement.
If you are interested in bringing out a group, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive an email confirming we received it.