Certified Veterinary Technician
Austin Zoo is seeking a part-time certified veterinary technician to assist the veterinarian in all procedures, rounds, processing and evaluation of laboratory samples.
MUST BE LICENSED IN THE STATE OF TEXAS
- Collect or assist in the collection of biological samples
- Assist with surgical procedures and monitoring of patients during anesthetic procedures
- Follow treatment plans, administer and dispense medication according to veterinary prescriptions
- Assist in the care and treatment of animals under quarantine
- Perform fecal evaluations, venipuncture, assist in obtaining radiographs, and restraining animals
- Work under the direction of the veterinarian, head veterinary keepers and zoo director
- Must have completed a veterinary technology program and MUST BE LICENSED IN THE STATE OF TEXAS.
- Three years of veterinary technician experience. Previous zoo or exotic experience is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience performing veterinary technical duties including proficiency in common clinical techniques, anesthesia, animal restraint and conducting laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of mammals, birds and reptiles husbandry.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins accepted.