Encounter two new weekly educational experiences with Audrey!
Dates and times for weekly educational experiences are subject to change. Check this area for the latest schedule. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Free of charge with regular paid Zoo admission.
- Storytime : Every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:15 am and 1:15 pm, Audrey, our education specialist, will read books from our gift shop to our wonderful zoo visitors in the Peacock Barn.
- Toys for Animals : Help Audrey make toys for our animals every Monday at 1:30 pm and Wednesday at 11:30 am! You will learn all about what it takes to make a good “enrichment” for each of our animals.
Have a look at the upcoming special educational events!
- Stroller Safari will take place every month for children ages 6-24 months, beginning August 13th, September 10th, October 8th, November 8th, December 16th, 2014 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Tiny Tots Classes for children 2-5 years old accompanied by a parent or guardian every Monday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am, beginning August 25 – December 29, 2014, excluding November 17th. Each program will include a tour, and a fun and educational animal lesson. Different topics will be discussed each week. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Crickets 101 for ages 5 to 17 years on Saturday, October 11, 2014 from 10 am to 12 pm will teach you everything you need to know about cricket care and cricket science. If you dare, you can even taste one! Each person will build a cricket house using recycled materials and you can have your own singing cricket. For a full schedule of Saturday Workshops, download the informational packet here.
- Senior Safari Adventure (ages 60+) on Friday, October 17, Wednesday, November 12th, and Wednesday, December 17th from 9:30 am – 11:00 am. Come join us for coffee, juice, and pastries plus a leisurely stroll around the Zoo to meet and learn about some of our animals. Class limit of 20 participants. A Zookeeper talk will be a part of your experience. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Endangerment vs Extinction Workshop on Saturday, November 1, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Why should we be concerned if animals are endangered or extinct? For a full schedule of Saturday Workshops, download the informational packet here.
- Animal in the Mirror Workshop on Saturday, December 6, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Do you know the difference between a turtle and a tortoise? What about the difference between venomous and poisonous?
For a full schedule of Saturday Workshops, download the informational packet here.
Advanced reservations required for all programs.
Classes are held in our air conditioned Events Pavilion or on the Education Building porch
For additional information, please email email@example.com.
For reservations, please call 512-288-5031.
Save the Date: Monday, November 17th Homeschool Day