Encounter two new weekly educational experiences with Audrey!
Dates and times for weekly educational experiences are subject to change. Check this area for the latest schedule. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Free of charge with regular paid Zoo admission.
- Storytime : Every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:15 am and 1:15 pm, Audrey, our education specialist, will read books from our gift shop to our wonderful zoo visitors in the Peacock Barn.
- Toys for Animals : Help Audrey make toys for our animals every Monday at 1:30 pm and Wednesday at 11:30 am! You will learn all about what it takes to make a good “enrichment” for each of our animals.
Have a look at the upcoming special educational events!
- Stroller Safari will take place every month for children ages 6-24 months, beginning August 13th, September 10th, October 8th, November 8th, December 16th, 2014 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Tiny Tots Classes for children 2-5 years old accompanied by a parent or guardian every Monday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am, beginning August 25 – December 29, 2014, excluding November 17th. Each program will include a tour, and a fun and educational animal lesson. Different topics will be discussed each week. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Senior Safari Adventure (ages 60+) on Friday, October 17, Wednesday, November 12th, and Wednesday, December 17th from 9:30 am – 11:00 am. Come join us for coffee, juice, and pastries plus a leisurely stroll around the Zoo to meet and learn about some of our animals. Class limit of 20 participants. A Zookeeper talk will be a part of your experience. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Mi Casa Es Su Habitat Workshop for children 8-16 years old on Saturday, October 4, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:15 am. Habitats, ecosystems and biomes; we will explore different habitats and the animals that call these places home. We will build your own terrarium. Please bring a glass or clear fish bowl to make your biome. For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Endangerment vs Extinction Workshop for children 8-16 years old on Saturday, November 1, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Why should we be concerned if animals are endangered or extinct? For a full schedule of Saturday Workshops, download the informational packet here.
- Animal in the Mirror Workshop for children 8-16 years on Saturday, December 6, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Do you know the difference between a turtle and a tortoise? What about the difference between venomous and poisonous?
For a full schedule of Saturday Workshops, download the informational packet here.
- The Art Garage for children 3 and up takes place on Saturday, September 20, 2014, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Join us and create your own art! We will guide you with tools and techniques that will allow you to express yourself and create artwork you’ll be proud of!
For more information, download the informational packet here.
- Welcome to Seeds in A Ball on Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 10 am to 11 am is a project where you will be making your own seed balls for butterflies and humming birds, for you and them to enjoy! Seed balls are an alternative way of growing plants, which involves no digging in the soil. Once germinated, your seed balls will produce seedlings, which will eventually become an abundance of beautiful wildflowers. For more information, download the informational packet here.
Advanced reservations required for all programs.
Classes are held in our air conditioned Events Pavilion or on the Education Building porch
For additional information, please email email@example.com.
For reservations, please call 512-288-5031.
Save the Date: Monday, November 17th Homeschool Day